Follow me on my Journey to get Fit by clean eating, lots of exercise, and most importantly...my Faith!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Looking back....

I absolutely hate looking through old pics! But sometimes it's a necessity. I was trying to find an old pic of myself so I could do a cute "before and after" collage...and oh, man did it bring back some feelings! I just can't believe how badly I had let myself go back then. And it makes me want to work even harder to never get back to that place! And the funny thing is I can't seem to find a pic of me even looking at the camera because I avoided having pictures taken of me like the plague! I found a few side shots that would work (and I will post it below).

Here are a few of the things I thought while looking at pictures
1. Holy, cow! Even my nose was fat!
2. I didn't have a double chin, I had a triple chin!
3. I don't ever want to be back in a size 16/18 EVER AGAIN!

I'm trying to be light hearted about this, but when I look back those feeling of how unhappy and disappointed in myself I was come flooding back! My husband is my rock and he not once ever made a comment about my weight but I know he had to be thinking "what happened to the girl I started dating in high school?". I was in a size 16/18 and even when I wasnt pregnant I would still wear maternity clothes cause they fit around my gut better. I could easily eat twice as much as my husband would eat at a meal and exercise was the last thing on my mind. We ate Hamburger Helper for dinner on a regular basis and we were on a first name basis with the employees at our local Pizza Hut. I hated going places or having to get dressed in anything other than sweat pants and my husbands worn tshirts. I was pathetic and felt sorry for myself daily.

I am now happy to say I feel none of that! I'm down almost 50 lbs. My  husband makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful lady on this planet! I enjoy getting dressed up and going places, and my food portions are what they should be and I enjoy cooking healthy, balanced meals. We still enjoy Pizza Hut, but now I only eat 1-2 slices with a salad instead of half a large and we order it once every few weeks instead of every Friday night. And I burned all of my maternity clothes...Not really, I donated them to The Goodwill, but in my mind I burned them and they were gone forever!

So my point of this post is if I can do it, ANYONE can do it! And I'd like to help you along the way! All you gotta do is ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment